Monday, August 17, 2020

Improper Performance

If you had asked me a month ago what I planned to be doing this weekend, playing with plastic ponies would have featured prominently, but not in the way I expected. This was the most fun thing I did this weekend, and if you aren't doing the Pandemic Performance Panorama photo show hosted by Jennifer Buxton... there's still time! It's FREEEEEEEEEE* (*unless you want to be eligible for prizes to be mailed to you, in which case it is $20). It isn't what I call "Proper Performance" - my goal here is to have fun and encourage my own creativity! You DON'T NEED ANY PERFORMANCE supplies. The class list is totally open to interpretation and so fun! Also did I mention the prizes? I'm planning on getting a box of donations mailed out this week hopefully. 

Let me just interject here that I am NOT a performance shower. I have showed performance once, with a Gem Twist model and some OF Breyer tack sometime in the late 90s or early 00s. I resolutely will not get into showing in this area of the hobby, because I have to limit my collection spending somehow, but I do love judging performance classes. 

When I signed up for this show a few weeks ago, it was amidst a mess of other drama happening and I really meant my "entry" fee to be more of a donation. Let's be honest, I've seen what people can do and I am not going into this to win things. Then I started throwing out ideas with friends. Planning for some wacky things we could do... and then I pulled out The Box. The Box full of OF Breyer accessories that came with Breyers I bought for other reasons. It turns out I have way more "stuff" than I realized. 

I was getting a little weary of my normal halter show photo taking, and decided to take a break and play with some of this stuff. Best decision I made all weekend. Here's the results:

In the BAD PERFORMANCE class:

SOMEONE forgot to tighten the girth.

Definitely a snake. Not a hose.

In the STABLE PERFORMANCE class:

The set of Show Stable Accessories from Breyer is amazing. The bench, potted plants, cardboard ribbons, and show drapes are all from that set. It's sadly retired now, but 10/10 would recommend.

Let's just say I have A LOT of Stablemate scale accessories that came in various sets.

In the MIXED SCALE PERFORMANCE class:

Can you even see this tiny rider?

In the OTHER ANIMAL PERFORMANCE class:

Mutton busting!

In the ALTERED REALITY PERFORMANCE class:

Frankly I'm just glad this thing only has 4 legs and not two dozen.

In the 2020 PERFORMANCE class:

In 2020, horse rides you.

You can tell it's August and not March because I sacrificed a square of actual toilet paper to make the mini rolls. 

Entries are open until the end of the month. Who knows what I'll come up with next?

No comments:

Post a Comment